How much do you know about the recycling value of lithium batteries?
The number of users using electronic products and new energy vehicles is increasing, and the use of lithium-ion batteries is also increasing, but the market power battery recovery has not reached a "small peak". At present, China is already a big country in battery production and consumption in the world, with an annual battery consumption of 8 billion. However, waste batteries are generally treated by landfill, incineration, composting and other methods. The recycling work is large and urgent. So, let's learn how much you know about the recycling value of lithium batteries!
Lithium batteries do not contain mercury, cadmium, lead and other harmful heavy metal elements, but will bring environmental pollution. For example, after the electrode material enters the environment, the metal ions in the positive electrode of the battery, the carbon dust in the negative electrode, the strong alkali and heavy metal ions in the electrolyte, including increasing the pH value of the soil, may cause serious environmental pollution, and improper handling may produce Toxic gas.
In addition, the metals and electrolytes in lithium batteries may harm human health, such as cobalt may cause intestinal disorders, deafness, myocardial ischemia and other symptoms. Therefore, the treatment of waste lithium batteries can not only bring economic benefits, but also be committed to environmental protection and sustainable social and economic development.
The number of 2. lithium battery recycling is much lower than the total scrap:
1) Domestic lithium battery recycling is not perfect in channels, systems and systems, and many used batteries, especially digital batteries, are not recycled;
2) The laws, regulations and supervision of lithium battery recycling have yet to be improved, and the main body of recycling has been clarified, but it has not been strictly implemented;
3) Due to technical secrets and economic benefits are not obvious, some manufacturers do not recycle used batteries.
4) Batteries that need to be scrapped to reach the theoretical service life. Due to cost problems, automobile companies have not scrapped and are still in circulation in the market. The actual total scrap volume is far lower than the theoretical scrap volume, and the recycling volume has also declined.
3. lithium battery recycling applications:
1) Gradually use batteries that meet the degree of energy attenuation, such as lithium iron phosphate series batteries, ternary material series batteries, etc. (used for energy storage or low-speed electric vehicles);
2) Disassemble the battery with no ladder diagram and recycle the nickel, cobalt, manganese, lithium and other materials, such as digital batteries and some ternary material batteries. According to gii's survey, in the total amount of power battery recycling in 2018, the amount of batteries used for echelon utilization is 2460 tons, and the total amount of batteries used for recycling and dismantling is 109300 tons. In the field of battery recycling, especially in the field of power battery recycling, the scale used for echelon utilization is far lower than the scale of recycling and dismantling.
Four. Policies and trends in lithium battery recycling
1. Lithium battery recycling opportunities
2. The State Council promulgated the "Energy-saving and New Energy Automobile Industry Development Plan (2012-2020)" in 2012, emphasizing the need to formulate battery recycling management methods and establish a power battery cascade utilization and recycling management system
3. Secondary use of lithium batteries is a global trend 5. China's lithium battery recycling market analysis
The above is the lithium battery recycling value you know how much, if you need to know more, you can contact us at any time!