Toxic in life: stainless steel tableware contains heavy metals harmful to health

Release time:

2012-04-12 17:42

生活中的毒:不锈钢餐具含有重金属危害健康
 

[EP Environmental Protection Network Comprehensive Report] When it comes to the safety of vegetables, people always think of pesticide residues in the first place, but in fact some ingredients of vegetables themselves are harmful to human body, some are born, and some are caused by improper storage. Today, EP Environmental Protection Network will talk about the poison of vegetables.

Eat these vegetables and don't go to the sun.

There is a disease called solar dermatitis, which is usually caused by more sun exposure, especially people with allergies. However, if you eat too many of these vegetables and then go to the sun, even if your own constitution is not very allergic to ultraviolet rays, it is easy to get solar dermatitis, because they are all vegetables called photosensitive foods, and they all contain photosensitive substances. After digestion and absorption of these vegetables, the photosensitive substances contained in them will enter the skin.

These vegetables include gray vegetables, purple vetch, cabbage, lettuce, fennel, amaranth, shepherd's purse, celery, radish leaves, spinach, buckwheat, coriander, safflower grass, rape, mustard and so on. In addition to vegetables, there are fruits and seafood in photosensitive foods, such as citrus, lemon, mango, pineapple, snails, shrimp, crabs, mussels, etc.

Solar dermatitis often occurs between a few hours and 24 hours after exposure to photosensitive substances. It can be red papules, blisters, and edema. It mostly occurs in exposed parts of the skin. It usually has different degrees of itching, so it has solar dermatitis. People always feel itchy and painful.

Alkaloids in food should also be carefully guarded against

Young people are generally always warned by the old, "don't eat fresh day lily, it will kill people". The reason is that there is a substance called colchicine in fresh day lily.

Colchicine is an alkaloid, originally extracted from the liliaceae plant colchicum, hence the name. Although it itself is non-toxic, it is absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract and oxidized to "two colchicine" in the body, which has greater toxicity, which will make people dry throat, thirst, stomach burning, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea and other symptoms.

In addition to colchicine, there are many organic compounds containing nitrogen bases in the body of organisms. It is a kind of nitrogen-containing alkaline substances that exist in organisms (mainly plants) and have strong physiological effects on humans and animals. In vegetables, it is more present in immature green tomatoes and potato skins, which can cause poisoning, nausea, diarrhea and other reactions after eating. Therefore, when eating potatoes, they should be peeled and eaten, and mature tomatoes should be carefully selected when buying.

Beans and vegetables are ripe and then eaten because there are saponin in them.

Soy milk must be fully cooked before drinking, otherwise it is easy to cause poisoning, which is also a common sense that more and more people are familiar. However, what exactly is the cause? This is mainly due to saponin in soybeans.

Soybean saponin saponin will strongly stimulate the digestive tract, can cause nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain and other symptoms, serious can cause death. What needs to be especially vigilant is that saponin will expand when heated at about 80 ℃, and the foam will float up, forming the "false boiling" phenomenon of soybean milk. Therefore, attention must be paid when making soybean milk, and the soybean milk must be boiled again before drinking after it is cold.

In addition to soybeans, raw string beans, especially those beaten by frost, contain more saponin.

Vegetables stored too long will produce nitrite

In recent years, nitrite has been known as a food additive, but excessive use can also cause food poisoning. However, people rarely notice that even if it is not artificially added, some foods will produce nitrite by themselves.

For example, if vegetables are stored for too long, nitrate will be reduced to nitrite while rotting and deteriorating. Eating vegetables containing too much nitrite will cause headache, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting and other symptoms. In addition, pickled pickles, pickles and sauerkraut will also produce a large amount of nitrite, most of which reach a peak about a week after pickling, and then gradually decrease. (Wood)

Recommend News